Choose from a wide range of tile adhesive and grout online at Cromwell.co.uk. We stock a comprehensive selection of adhesives and grouts to suit your projects from market-leading brands, like Bostik® and Everbuild®.
Used together to adhere tiles to walls and floors and to fill the gaps in between for a neat finish, tile adhesive and grout are essentials when decorating bathrooms, kitchens and washrooms. Available in a range of different colours and for varying substrates, you can choose the perfect mix for your type of tiles and colour scheme.
To ensure a reliable fix and attractive finish, no other product will do when tiling both walls and floors.
Whenever you plan to affix tiles to a surface, it's crucial to use tie adhesives or grout to firmly keep the tiles in place.
There are a lot of adhesives and grouts for tiling on the market, but choosing the right one for you doesn't have to be a difficult task. All quality products must feature CE compliance, with tile adhesive marked with the BS EN 12004 standard, while grout should feature BS EN 13888 standards.
• Cement-based tile adhesive - This is a mixture of cement, sand and other additives that forms a thin consistency. It's suitable for both indoor and outdoor tiling.
• Ready-mixed tile adhesive - Pre-mixed and ready to use, this type of tile adhesive tends to take longer to dry than other types, but makes for clean working.
• Reaction resin tile adhesive - A strong formula, this tile adhesive is ideal for tiling problematic surfaces, such as PVC and fibreglass.
• Flexible tile adhesive - Ideal for tiling floors, this flexible adhesive allows for a measure of movement in the finished job.
• Standard cement-based grout - Much like cement-based adhesive, this type of grout has a thin consistency to flow easily between tiles and give a smooth finish.
• Improved performance cement-based grout - Fortified with viscosity enhancing ingredients, this standard of cement-based grout allows for an easier application and even smoother finish.
• Reaction resin grout - Made with a blend of epoxy resins and filler, this type of grout doesn't absorb water or stains and cleans easily. The downside is that its extremely difficult to apply and must be done carefully to avoid staining porous surfaces.