EX01 Steam Tempered Metric
Dormer machine tap ranges have been designed for use with a high quality floating tool holder. For synchronous tapping on CNC machines with a rigid tapping cycle.
Manufactured from HSS-XS1 premium quality vanadium powder steel and HSCo for superior toughness and edge strength, to give a high resistance to wear and long tool life.
• Metric Thread
• Short Thread Length for low torque and better chip evacuation.
• Sizes M2 to M64
• 45° Helix angle
• Spiral Flute for blind hole
• Three radii profile, with a constant rake angle all along the flute, is specially designed to give an optimum performance and chip evacuation in materials being threaded.
• Steam Tempered Suitable for: Steel, Stainless Steel and Cast Iron
• Special gold finish with bright flutes/thread, or steam tempering (blue) guarantee a smooth cutting action with less build up on the cutting edge.
Class of Fit
Individual or Set
Cobalt High Speed Steel
MFR Part No.
Number of Flutes
Threading Tap Type