For designers, toolmakers & Engineers. Now with 38 pages of engineering data. Each page coated with a gloss lamination to protect against the dirt and grease encountered in workshop conditions.
• Basic forms of heat treatment - Colour charts for tempering and for hardening & forging.
• Material groups - Colour coded machineability chart and hardness listing.
• Tensile strength and hardness - Shore hardness and equivalent tensile strengths and conversions included.
• Lubricant selection - Colour coded materials chart and dilution guidelines.
• Hole and shaft tolerances - H7-e8 tolerances for counterbores included.
• Metric screw and hole sizes
• Thread notation - Explains terminology used to define thread characteristics.
• Standard thread forms - Sequenced logically, tapping and clearance sizes integrated into single chart and colour highlighted for quick reference. Includes special metric pitches & NPT, distinctions made between 'Rp' and 'G' series BSP. ISO 529 pitch form diagrams shown. Now also lists tapping and clearance drill sizes for fluteless tap.
• Dimensions of common shank types - Now includes screwed shank, Weldon, DIN Taper, BT Taper, ISO Taper in addition to Morse taper shank details.
• Standards for engineering drawings - Comprehensive listing including contemporary listings and illustrations.
• Abbreviations used in engineering drawings
• Common CNC codes - Comprehensive listing including contemporary listings.
• Axis nomenclature for machine tools - Newly added page explaining the use of letter addresses to define directional motion.
• Trigonometry formulae - Colour coded CAD produced illustrations for quick reference.
• Sines and Cosines - Calculated to six decimal places with colour coded axes for quick reference.
• Tangents and Cotangents - Calculated to six decimal places with colour coded axes for quick reference.
• Co-ordinates for equally pitched holes - Clear and easy to read CAD produced diagrams.
• Bending allowances for malleable materials - Listed as metric radius and thickness with nearest equivalent SWG given for guidance. Clear and easy to read CAD produced diagrams.
• Cutting speed calculator - Gives required RPM for known cutter diameters and cutting speeds.
• Standard drill size conversions - No & letter sizes integrated into a single chart, standard sizes are highlighted in bold text, size range extended from 25.25mm up to 32.50mm. All inch-fractional sizes converted to mm equivalent as well as inch-decimal and Morse Taper shank sizes are indicated against drill diameter ranges.
• Abbreviations and formulae - Definitions of standard meanings with specific attention given to turning, milling and drilling. Comprehensive list of commonly used abbreviations.
• Weight and measure systems, useful conversions and constants - A comprehensive listing of contemporary and old systems, along with the necessary conversion formulae.
Number of Pages
176mm x 85mm (A6)