Wipers, or paper rolls, are an essential product that is used extensively for hygiene and sanitation purposes across a large number of industries. As versatile as they are convenient, wipers have an incredibly large number of common uses.
Cromwell stocks an extensive range of wipers from our trusted own brand Solent as well as leading, national brands such as WypAll®, Tork® and Northwood that are available in different colours, sizes, plys, and lengths.
Paper rolls come in a highly convenient, tightly wrapped roll that provides both a compact, space-saving design and accessibility when you need it most.
The perforated paper sheets are ultra-absorbent to quickly deal with any spills, or to hold in cleaning product for antibacterial wiping tasks.
The paper is wrapped around a cardboard roll that can be placed into a handy dispenser or used freely.
Every business needs wipers! They are an integral tool to maintain high safety, hygiene, and aesthetic standards in the workplace.
When a liquid is spilled or dropped, negligence to clean it up quickly can result in staff injury, further damage, and lawsuits. Having wipers on-hand to quickly clean up any mess is a far more effective way to prevent such problems.
Janitorial and cleaning professionals use wipers to effectively distribute disinfectant, which prevents unwanted bacteria and disease spreading. By having the right wipers, you're directly contributing to workplace safety and staff wellbeing.
Wipers are also used to remove dust, debris, and stains from floors, windows, and other surfaces. This keeps workplaces clean and tidy, which contributes to a far better working environment for you and your staff.
Similar in usage and design to household kitchen roll, wipers are invaluable for any janitorial, housekeeping, or sanitary cleaning task.
Wipers are extremely versatile and can perform a huge range of jobs across a wide number of industries. You're unlikely to find a workplace without them. Whether you're wiping down surfaces, cleaning up spills, wiping oil or grease off your hands, disinfecting areas, or much, much more - the humble wiper roll is an imperative tool for any business.
Need a hand choosing the most effective type of wipers, or the best all-round cleaning & hygiene products for you? Feel free to get in touch with our experts, who offer personalised free advice to help you find the ideal solutions for your home or workspace.
• Centrefeed wiper rolls - As it sounds, centrefeed rolls are a roll of absorbent material designed to be fed through the centre of the roll itself. These are commonly used in the food industry such as in commercial kitchens, as well as schools, offices and bathrooms.
• Wiper cloths - These are normally rectangular or square in shape and are designed for easy dispensing.
When buying wipers, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind to ensure you get the best products for your bathroom:
• Roll type - There are a few types of wipers that each have different sheet and roll sizes. Ensure you're buying the correct type of roll to fit in your existing paper towel dispensers.
• Ply - The ply of the paper roll references the number of layers it has, and therefore the overall thickness. We offer a range of differing plys that are suitable for anyone. High ply toilet rolls are usually softer and can absorb more liquid. This make high-ply paper rolls more efficient for dealing with spillage and cleaning. Low ply rolls are often cheaper and are better for wiping tasks such as giving your hands a quick clean.
• Pack size - Unsurprisingly, paper rolls are often bought in bulk to save on costs and packaging requirements. Cromwell stocks a wide range of varied pack sizes to suit all requirements.
We want to make it easy for you to shop our range of products with confidence, so we've outlined and explained some key terminology.
What does ply refer to when talking about wipers?
The ply of a wiper refers to the thickness of the product. For example, a 2 ply sheet consists of two layers of material.
Can wipers be used to clean and dry?
Yes, wipers are ideal for both cleaning and wiping down surfaces to dry them, although you may want to use a more robust wiper for heavier duty clean up jobs, such as a J-cloth, tea towel or sponge depending on the spillage.